When I ask my boys about marketing – they have negative thoughts as they think of mass advertising like annoying TV commercials, ugly billboards or never-ending radio ads.
But advertising is just one small (although important) part of marketing.
Before I go in to my personal thoughts on how all-encompassing marketing is for everyone (and yes I mean everyone), I would like some feedback on your opinion.
But first, before you throw out your first negative instinct related to bad ads or pushy salespeople – let me remind you of a few other facets of marketing:
- customer service is a key aspect of marketing
- product research that gives you the latest product advances is part of marketing
- look around you right now – the latest trends, the colors, the designs that make up our life – are all part of marketing
- resumes and job interviews are ‘personal career’ marketing
- even dating and romancing is a form of marketing
So comment below, or head over to my business Facebook Page (like it while your there) and give me some feedback on your thoughts about marketing.