Before you create your website there is one thing that will make the difference between success and struggle…
…setting the right goals.
What are your website goals? What do you want your website to accomplish?
Here are some potential goals to consider:
- Keep clients and prospects up to date
- Share news about your industry
- Sell a product/products
- Sell a service
- Journal your thoughts, ideas or knowledge about a topic.
- Discuss a topic you’re passionate about
- Promote the products of others (affiliate marketing)
- Provide a community for shared interests
Consider also where you see your website a year, five years and ten years from now. What will your website accomplish? What will it look like? What value will it provide?
Why Define Your Goals First?
When you take the time to contemplate why you want to build a website and what you hope to accomplish, you can then plan your website pages and structure to support that goal.
As you define your goals you’ll also learn more about your target audience and your business vision and mission. You’ll be able to:
- Identify your target audience/visitor/customer
- Identify your unique selling proposition – what makes your website different.
- Identify the benefits or value you have to offer.
Taking time to think your website through completely will help you create a website that supports your success. It’ll help you hit the ground running as they say and achieve your website goals and dreams.