Put out a press release for a client today. Press releases are an excellent and quick tool to get the word out about your business.
They also provide excellent links back to your website when they get distributed around the web.
Here are a few tips to help you out.
- Follow the normal press release template. Reporters and editors don’t like to be surprised.
- Make sure your press release is about NEWS – not just promoting your business. You can be creative, but it still has to be something new.
- Identify the source of the information at the beginning of the press release.
- Write professionally and get to the point.
- Don’t dramatize or be over zealous in your description of your business, products or services.
- Proofread very carefully your press release. Any spelling mistakes and bad grammar will reflect negatively on the news you are trying to get out.
- Stick to the facts for the majority of your press release, with the exception being a quality quote from a customer, service provider or expert on their opinion on the news.