Whatâ€™s the best marketing advice in the world?
Talk to your customers!
That is the number one way you can improve your bottom lineâ€¦. Talk to them, ask them questions, and listen to what they say.
What are some questions you should be asking?
- How was your _______________? (meal, experience, stay, the service, etc.)
- How did you find out about us?
- Why did you choose us?
- Anything we can do better?
- Did we do anything that you really liked?
- What did you not like?
- Would you refer your family or friends?
- When would you be coming back?
- What else can we do for you?
These are just a few questions that will help you get a real sense of what your customers are looking for in regard to your product or service.
As you talk to your customers, you will start to see trends.
Sometimes thing jump right out at you, things you need to change right away.
Other times a trend will slowly emerge, and it is something that can have a dramatic impact on your business.
As well, the huge benefit from talking to your customers, sincerely engaging in a conversation is that you will begin to care about them as individuals, and they will start to sense that with you.
At that point, your whole business culture will be shifting â€“ to a customer focused business.