Emotional Contagion

Emotional Contagion – is it some disease? Well – it can be bad, for you, but can also be very good! Zig Ziglar greats people – morning, noon, and even at night – by saying ‘Good Morning!’ And he has found that 80% of people reply right back – ‘Good Morning’ – no matter what time of day it is. Zig uses this to prove ‘you get what you put out.’  He then discusses that getting people to like you is only 10% up to the other people.  90% of it is what you do – how you act.  If you are nice to them – be their friend -then they will be nice to you.  Zig sums it all up with ‘You can have whatever you want in life, if you help enough other people get what they want.’ The ‘Law of Attraction’, a very popular phenomenon lately, is built on this same theory.  …

Emotional Contagion Read More »

Organizational Behavior

I started my first class this week on my journey to an MBA! Organization Behavior – something many businesses do not work at near enough.  Unfortunately other things – the hear and now stuff – like profits, products, prices, and other priorities get in the way of doing things that can really make your business grow. Organizational Behavior is all about systems.  How do we create a business system that can generate profits, serve the customer, keep the employees happy, and work in the society we live in. I am really enjoying this topic.  The soft business skills really intrigue me.  I am a disciple of sales and marketing.  Organizational Behavior is kinda like looking at buying behavior, but then taking it to the complete business level – not just dealing with the sales and marketing plan. I can see some definte holes in the organizational structure and the management systems of many of the …

Organizational Behavior Read More »