It was one of those Techy Days again….
Not in a good way.
I have been cleaning up some of the back-end stuff in my business, and one of those things was consolidating some websites on the same hosting server to make it easier to manage and better service.
So I moved a domain that I use primarily for emails.
I have a few of the emails set up up to be also used in my Gmail application.
And that is where things went sideways.
It started yesterday when I knew the old settings in Gmail would no longer work, since I moved the domain, there would be new server settings.
I tried to simply edit the settings in Gmail, but it would not change.
So I deleted the old one in Gmail, thinking I could then enter it new.
Well, that didn’t work.
I decided maybe the domain had not thoroughly propogated across the web, so I would try again in the morning.
This morning…. well nothing worked.
Checked all the Google help files, Googled and read a dozen other ‘fixes’ to no avail.
Checked with my WHM tech support, everything was fine on their end.
So it is some glitch in my Gmail on the PC.
I did end up adding it via mobile Gmail app, in another way.
It will work… but now have to get used to a bit different way of doing things.
Or try again in a few days….
Life of dealing with tech….. 🙁